Leave a gift
One in five of our patients is cared for thanks to a gift left in a will.
Why Saint Michael's Hospice exists
We believe personalised support should be available regardless of the illness a person is living with or the place from which they are receiving care.
Saint Michael’s Hospice is a local charity that exists to ensure people affected by terminal illnesses get the high quality end of life care they want, need and deserve.
Over the past 30 years we have developed the specialist skills and local knowledge to promote and provide hospice care of the highest standard.
We are committed to:
- continuing to improve and expand the services available from our Hospice at Hornbeam Park, Harrogate;
- working in collaboration with health and social care sectors to assist people who choose to live at home at the end of their lives;
- establishing and running the area’s first comprehensive bereavement support service;
- playing a key role in the development of an end of life care strategy for the local area;
- identifying and sharing excellent and innovative clinical practice through the development of an education programme for health professionals;
- speaking out and standing up for the views of the people who use our services, our staff and supporters.
As an organisation we put the people who use our services at the heart of everything we do. We take a personal, supportive and responsive approach to care and seek to collaborate with other services, where possible. As people we are professional, fair, positive, driven and accountable.
All of our services are free and continue to be available thanks to the generosity of the communities we serve.
The people of Harrogate, Knaresborough, Ripon, Wetherby, Pateley Bridge and the surrounding areas established Saint Michael’s Hospice Care and we remain answerable to them today.
If you would like to talk to one of our team about our services, please
T: (01423) 879 687
One in three people will be touched by hospice care at some point in their lives, which makes what we do very relevant.
How you can help
Saint Michael’s is a local charity that receives little government funding, so we rely on donations from people like you.