Leave a gift
One in five of our patients is cared for thanks to a gift left in a will.
Volunteer for Saint Michael's
We're always looking for helpful and reliable volunteers, no matter how much or how little time you're able to spare. We look for enthusiasm, creativity, energy and a passion to help people live with terminal illness, bereavement and their emotional wellbeing.
Examples of what you could you do as a volunteer:
- Train to be a bereavement support volunteer
- Support our retail team by helping in our shops, our warehouse, or as part of the collection and eBay teams. With new shops opening, it's a great time to get involved.
- Provide admin support
- Help at our community events
- Offer patient support – e.g. offer transport for patients and families, visit someone in their own home or help at our hospice.
- Gardening or driving
- Befriend or support people with their emotional wellbeing or to reduce isolation
Without our volunteers we wouldn't be able to reach as many people as we do, or raise the funds needed to help local people living with terminal illness, bereavement or emotional wellbeing.
For information about our exciting volunteering opportunities in the Harrogate District, or if you would like to discuss which role would best suit you, Click here
Alternatively T: (01423) 533 030
Sign up to become a volunteer today
Download our volunteer sign-up form today and send it back to us.
Denial, sadness, relief, anger, exhaustion, fear, loneliness..... If you feel you have the energy, resilience and creativity to volunteer to support bereaved children, young people or adults to manage these and many other emotions then we would be keen to hear from you.
Our comprehensive training courses start in New Year but we welcome applications from propective volunteers now.
To register click here
T: (01423) 533030
Volunteers are at the heart of everything
We aim to use the talent of volunteers as wisely as possible. Saint Michael’s has six volunteers for every staff member we employ.
Saint Michael’s is keen to help you find the right opportunity to suit your interests and time commitments.
T: (01423) 876 085