Leave a gift
One in five of our patients is cared for thanks to a gift left in a will.
Saint Michael's Day Therapy
If you are living with a terminal illness, Saint Michael’s Day Therapy Unit is designed to support you. The service can help you enhance your wellbeing and deal with the many challenges your condition may bring.
Saint Michael’s is the only organisation in the Harrogate District that offers this type of specialist physical, emotional and practical support under one roof.
- access doctors and nurses who are experts in relieving the pain and symptoms that may be associated with your illness
- share your worries and discuss emotional and spiritual issues with our experienced team
- take part in a range of activities, including complementary therapies and leisure activities, which can increase your level of comfort and wellbeing
- meet people and share experiences in a warm and welcoming environment
- receive support to overcome psychological challenges such as isolation or anxiety
- access support and advice on day to day challenges, helping you to live as active and full a life as possible in the comfort of your own home.
While you attend day therapy, your family or carer may also benefit from the opportunity to take a break.
The services offered by Saint Michael’s are available to individuals who are living with any type of terminal illness. As more people become aware of this, increasing numbers of patients with illnesses other than cancer are using day therapy. These include people living with serious neurological disorders, as well as those with end-stage heart, lung and renal disease.
Day therapy is free and available to people receiving care from a GP or consultant working in the Harrogate District. This means our care is available to anyone living in the areas of Pateley Bridge, Boroughbridge, Ripon and Knaresborough, as well as Harrogate. People who live outside these areas may also be able to use our services on some occasions.
The Day Therapy Unit is open Tuesday to Thursday each week from 10am to 3pm.
We provide day therapy for up to 12 patients per day and most attend one session per week.
Think we could help?
Find out how to access our services.
Doubling our impact
Our volunteer visitor service has doubled the number of volunteers on hand to help people affected by terminal illness live at home with confidence, independence and dignity.